The Sfi office
Sfi, Swedish for immigrants, is a free basic education in Swedish. At the Sfi office we guide and inform you about Sfi and determine your level of Swedish.
Who can attend Sfi?
In order to study Sfi, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a valid residence permit in Sweden or be an EU/EEA citizen
- You must live in Uppsala kommun
- You must have a need for Sfi (lack basic knowledge of Swedish)
- You must be at least 20 years old or have a complete upper secondary school (high school) diploma from your home country
You register with SFI by contacting the Sfi reception by telephone: 018-727 22 10. Our phone hours are Mondays-Thursdays 9.00-13.00
In the conversation with you, we make a survey of your educational and professional background and help you choose a school and course. The waiting time for course start is 2-6 weeks.
The Sfi courses are free of charge. Sfi students are not entitled to CSN grants or loans.
If you have studied Sfi in Uppsala before, you can register again directly at the same school within six months. If it has been more than six months you need to visit the Sfi office again.
Sfi schools in Uppsala
• Utbildnings- och jobbcenters vuxenutbildning
• Bergstrands Sfi (Yrkesplugget Sfi)
Course start dates and deadlines
Courses starting on February 8 – last day to apply is January 21.
Courses starting on March 8 – last day to apply is February 18
Contact the Sfi office
Visiting address: Kungsgatan 85
Phone number: 018–727 22 10
Telephone hours (for the time being)
The drop-in at the Sfi office is closed for the time being. Please contact the Sfi office via telephone or e-mail.